The Musings of Michelle

Here is my attempt to not let those little precious moments go unforgotten...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, OH, United States

As I reflect back on my life so far I have realized that I'm really just an average girl, with an average life, living with an average disease. But what I do have is an AMAZING God who continues to blow me away with His love and His grace in my life. This is my attempt at putting into writing my journey so far.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Well after over a year of no activity I have decided it is time to start blogging again. I have tried the journaling thing and I realize that I actually think and type a lot better than I type and write so this is really going to be my own personal journal about what is going on in my day, but my sister talked me into putting it out on my blog so that those of you who I don't get to talk to a lot can get a glimpse of our life...I know mostly to hear how my chickies are doing I'm sure..not about Ryan and I. :) I am going to work on a brief recap of has been happening to us this past year and post it later, but just wanted to get the ball rolling at least.

The kids have been so sweet lately I just want to eat them up! Of course they have their moments, but for the most part they have all been getting a long so well and really respecting each other. Caleb of course mimics just about anything Hannah does. Sometimes it bothers her, but I just remind her that he does that because he loves her and wants to be like her and then she kind of digs it I think.

I only have a few minutes, but I wanted to share a story that Ryan told me and it made me so proud! I guess at dinner last week when I wasn't home, Ry and the kids were at the table and the conversation went something like this...

Hannah - "Caleb do you want to go to heaven?"
Caleb - "Yeah"
H - "Ok then you need to ask Jesus to live in your heart. Pray like me....Jesus"
C - "JiJi"
H - "Come and live in my heart"
C - "caba data by hat"

My little evangelist! As some of you probably already know about a year ago or so our sweet little girl told us that why she was in her room she asked Jesus into heart and now she's going to heaven. It was completely unprompted and spontaneous and boy did it give my faith a boost! Ever since then she's been the little evangelist asking people if they have Jesus in their heart.

I have to say though, the best witnessing tip she can teach us is to make sure the person cannot get away. This past Christmas at Mom Good's house she proceeding to knock on the bathroom door while Uncle Matt was "preoccupied" and yelled "Uncle Matt, have you asked Jesus in your heart?" and we hear this low "yeah". Definitely will go down as one of my top funny memories.

Well my timer went off so my blogging time is over. I will be recapping on a lot of stories as I remember them more because I want to make sure I have them in writing so I don't forget them years from now, so if anything your read sparks a memory please leave me a comment so I can get it down.

Cleaning time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story about teaching Caleb how to ask Jesus into his heart is pricless. I can picture him mimicing her the way he does with the knock knock jokes :)

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home