The Musings of Michelle

Here is my attempt to not let those little precious moments go unforgotten...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, OH, United States

As I reflect back on my life so far I have realized that I'm really just an average girl, with an average life, living with an average disease. But what I do have is an AMAZING God who continues to blow me away with His love and His grace in my life. This is my attempt at putting into writing my journey so far.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Had a really fun weekend with the family. We were supposed to go up and see Ryan's mom, but we got snowed in. It was quite a bummer not getting up there, but since we had nothing planned it ended up being a pretty relaxing weekend, plus we still get to look forward to seeing mom this coming weekend! The kids got to play in the snow a couple of times. I only got a few pics because my camera fell in the snow and wouldn't turn on. I'm sure it will be fine once it completely dries, but I did miss some cute photo ops! :(
We were supposed to have an open house this past weekend, but with all the snow and us not leaving town we decided to reschedule it for this coming weekend. Since it is now going on 9 months with no bites, I decided the house needed yet another overhaul. I had Ryan find our paint and touched up the walls and the trim and washed all the white walls and any spots I could find on the other walls. Since our garage already has 1 side filled with boxes, I decided a few more wouldn't hurt so I went through our closets yet again and packed away anything that I didn't think we would be using. Of course I did that 9 months ago thinking we would be moving in a month and have since had to unpack boxes. :) But at least it showed me that we actually do use the stuff! We are going to get our carpets cleaned again this week, so our house will be looking pretty good I think! We at least have had a few people come look at it recently. The first 6 months we had 1 phone call. Usually when people think of their faith being tested, it's usually with big traumatic things in their life, but this selling of our house has surprisingly been a huge test of faith for me. I thought I was doing so good...I found out we had to uproot our family and leave our amazing church and great friends we have come to love and move to one of the ugliest cities in Ohio. After the first initial sting I thought 'Ok God, let's do this! I know you have big plans for us up there!". Well I just thought those plans would start happening a lot sooner than they did. And then when we found out that Ryan had to be gone 3 nights/week, I thought "Ok God, I'm sure you don't want us doing this for too long", but here we are 5 months later and we are still here. But this little inconvenience (which took me a while to realized how very little it really is) has been such a faith builder. It has taught me even more to wait on God and to trust that He really is going to work for our good. I tend to be a bit of a control freak (I'm sure some of you are thinking, 'who Michelle? No way! ;) ) and when I make a decision to do something I want it done NOW, but sometimes there really is good that comes from waiting. During these past 9 months while waiting...
~ Hannah has been able to go almost a whole semester to school where I thought she would only get a month or so and she is absolutely loving it
~ I have been able to work out at the gym 3 mornings a week to train for my half marathon and it's been such a blessing!
~ we have been able to keep attending our church which we will miss greatly
~ we have been able to help our friends get through some rough times with their son.
~ Ryan gets to spend a little time with his mom each week when he goes up there and I know that it means so much to her and to Ryan.
~ Because Ryan and I don't get to see each other much, it has really taught us how to better communicate and cherish our times together.
This is really such a small list. God has been so faithful to us and I can now say that I am so thankful for this wait and no matter how long we have to wait, I know it's because He has a reason for it and when we do get up to Ohio I know he will have big plans for us there too. He may even change my heart and I may find Dayton a beautiful and wonderful city! (that may be pushing it, but nothing is impossible with God right?)

Other tidbits...~ Jamie and I ran 7 miles yesterday at the gym since the roads were still pretty slushy. It felt so good to be able to say that I ran over half the distance! I wish Jamie and I ran at the same pace so we could do our long runs every week together, but she runs about 2min/mile faster than me. It made the time go so fast and it was great being able to chat with her since we are both so busy lately.~ Josh has his 15 month checkup tomorrow and he may need to get tubes. I really don't mind if he does, because he has been a bit crabby lately and if that would help him feel better than please bring it on!
I think that's all for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget about reason #7 - to harbor my sister for 5 months until she got her own life undercontrol =P Obviously the most important one.

See this is why I love blogs, I had no idea you didn't make it to Ry's mum's house. I remember when we last talked you were going there. Blogs are good stuff.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home