The Musings of Michelle

Here is my attempt to not let those little precious moments go unforgotten...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, OH, United States

As I reflect back on my life so far I have realized that I'm really just an average girl, with an average life, living with an average disease. But what I do have is an AMAZING God who continues to blow me away with His love and His grace in my life. This is my attempt at putting into writing my journey so far.

Monday, March 24, 2008

We've had quite the week which is why it is taking me so long to post. I have a lot to catch up on, but the main thing I wanted to write is that we are moving in 6 days! Yes you heard that correctly...6 days. And when did we find out we were moving you may be wondering...about 3 days ago.

Here's the short, but not so short story of how it unfolded...as most may know we put our house up for sell about 9 months ago when we found out that Ryan was being transferred to Ohio. Then about 6 months ago, Ryan's boss had told us that he would buy our house if we found renters so we put some ads out in different places for that as well. Since then things have changed financially for his boss and we knew that he probably wasn't able to buy our house anymore so we didn't pursue the renter thing anymore, but we never took the sign down in our yard. A couple just happen to come by our open house last weekend and saw the for rent and for sale sign and said they were looking for a possible rent to own house. Well they came back a second time and really loved it and wanted to rent it. We weren't sure what to do because we knew we couldn't buy a house without selling ours first, but then my parents (who live an hour from Ryans' work which was at least 2 hours closer) had so graciously offered to let all 5 of us live with them for a few months. I made sure they knew what they were getting themselves into and they still offered. It was so great of them! That was going to be our plan and then we found out that Ryans' boss has a house for sell in Springfield that his daugther used to live in, but was having no luck selling it, so he decided to take it off the market and is letting us stay there rent free until we figure out what God's next step is for us. We are hoping that this couple will buy our house in a few months or maybe we'll be able to save enough for a down payment on a house...who really knows! It's not exactly how I had pictured all of this working out, but it really is a blessing in so many ways. Now we will be 20 minutes from Ryan's work and we will finally be a family 7 days a week again and we will be able to save a lot of money in the mean time. The house is smaller than what we have now and it's not in our favorite area, but we figured we could put up with it for a while. Well the couple that will be renting our house really needs to be in it by the beginning of April, so that means we are moving next weekend! We went from waiting for 9 months for our house to sell to basically having a week's notice that we need to move. It's a bit of whirlwind and I'm definitely having a hard time grasping it. The packing won't be too hard since we already have so much packed up trying to clean out our house to show it, but it's the part of not really being able to have a whole lot of closure. At church on Saturday I cried through most of the service because it hit me that it will be the last time we call that church home, and that it was the last time with our life group which we have been a part of for 8 years. I'm definitely overwhelmed. The first couple of days I would just start crying randomly throughout the day, but now I'm getting a little excited at our new adventure and I know God has a plan in all of this and I am excited to see how it unfolds! Hannah is actually taking it quite well. We've talked a lot about how it's ok to be sad and excited at the same time. I know she'll miss her friends and school, but I think she understands that this means we will to have daddy 7 days a week now! I told her that we will have 2 new houses and she is really loving that! She says she wants her room to be a green tinkerbell room in the first house and a pink Ariel room in the second. :)

That's definitely the big news this week...a brief catch up... we finally made it up to Ryan's mom's house last weekend after being snowed in the weekend before. We had a great visit and the kids were very excited to see Nonni! Nonni, Hannah and I went to see Horton Hears a Who at the movie theater and that was so much fun! It was Hannah's first time seeing a movie at a theater and of course she loved it! Great idea Nonni!

My half-marathon training is going good.. I ran 8 miles yesterday! It was the farthest I have run in my whole life, so it was a pretty big accomplishment I thought. I ran about 7.5 in high school for cross-country, so this topped that! I have been dreading the runs, but once I get out there I feel pretty good. I have been listening to the last sermon series at our church and that has really helped get my mind off of the running part. I have been telling everyone I know to listen to this series. It was a really awesome one and had some great practical steps to getting closer to God and walking out the christian life. Here is the link to hear them or you may be able to get the podcasts for your ipod or mp3 player.... http://www.southlandchristian.org/series.php?id=162&a=1&s=644

We had a pretty laid back Easter....Saturday I took Hannah to an easter egg hunt and it was freezing! We had our spring jackets on and it was sooo windy. Hannah only got about 5 eggs because she said her hands hurt from the cold. I know I'm a bit on the competitive side, but I gotta be honest...I think easter egg hunts with empty plastic eggs isn't really that fun. I guess our church is so big that the time involved in checking everything that goes into the eggs was too much work so now they just throw some empty eggs out and then you get a goody bag. Maybe if the weather was nicer it would have been more fun, but I think we both could have done without it. :) Easter morning was pretty usual...Ryan stayed out late playing halo with Donny since it was going to be their last so I let him sleep in and then we put the kids up for room time and hid their baskets and eggs (with candy inside). We did the same thing we did last year which seems to work out good. Hannah's eggs were pink and purple, Caleb's were orange and yellow and Joshua's (all 4 of them that we just put in the middle of the room) were green. That way they knew only to pick up the eggs that were their color. They had a fun time and the loved their baskets! I went a bit overboard this year and they were pretty full, but I mainly did it because i was trying to find some boy stuff for Caleb which he still doesn't have a lot of. Of course he did get a little ariel doll from the dollar store as well. Hannah got one a month or so ago and I was tired of all the fighting over it, so I gave Caleb his own. I don't think Ryan was too happy about that, especially since he doesn't choose to carry around his little spiderman guy or his planet hero guy..nope now he has his big Ariel plush doll (which used to be Hannah's, but in a kind moment she gave it to Caleb and now he takes it everywhere) and his little Ariel. But he does like his guys at least! I think it's cute and as long as he's still not sleeping with the doll when he's 16, I'm not too worried about it yet.

Welp I've blogged too long now...time to get something done before the kids wake up. Until next time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me all teary eyed when you were writing about moving. I know you keep saying you're moving, but it's never really set in until I just read your blog.

OH! and I love the idea of a green tinkerbell room! If only I liked tinkerbell more.. I think she's a bit of a priss to be honest =P

As for your running, WELL DONE!!!! I may try to get those sermons if I can be bothered :)

And lastly.. ANOTHER Ariel doll for Caleb? *shakes head*

6:22 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

OK... I only skimmed your blog post today. what a "god story"... can't wait till I have time to read it all.

You guys are amazing!

love and miss you LOTS!
carly

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home